Zumba

The Future Mrs. Davis

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Modge Podge Flower Pots

     My sister and I came up with the idea the make a collage on a flower pot for my mom for Christmas. My mom is big into planting flowers and herbs right now. And then she sells them, along with everything else. She is a professional garage seller. So in order for her not to sell something we give her, we need to make it personalized to her.   
    I found a picture on pinterest to make the flower pots, tried it at home, and it didn't work anything like the picture looked. First of all, modge podge is a pain to work with. I've never worked with it before, then realized it takes forever to dry, and the pictures were on a curved surface, so they weren't sticking. So, we went back to good ole faithful...the hot glue gun. 
     We hot glued the pictures on the pot, and the pictures now unfortunately stick out away from the pot, instead of flush. I tried to modge podge over the finished collage to hopefully make it all flush, but that isn't working either. I know there is a clear resin type thing somewhere to make it all flush and even, but I have no idea what it is, and its probably expensive. 
     Well, we added a bow and ribbon as well. My sister put hers on with hot glue, and I used modge podge. Mine is a little smoother, but both look equally as good. 
     Hopefully mom likes them.


No comments:

Post a Comment