Zumba

The Future Mrs. Davis

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Alternate breakfasts

     I was pinteresting this morning, and I think I'm going to restart my losing weight train. I know healthy food is tasty, I just need to get off my lazy butt and do something. I think if I keep moving, it wont be such a bad idea that I am moving and cooking and exercising and making myself feel better. When I have a lazy day, it turns into this cycle that I can't get out of. So, tomorrow morning I'm up by 8. It will be hard, but worth it. :)
I found this yummy looking smoothie recipe this morning here, and I want to try it. I'll keep you updated....


So, a little over a week later and I'm finally talking about my smoothies. I have started making them, adding a scoop of protein for the after workout smoothie, and really overall enjoying them.
I found this smoothie post on pinterest, and decided this was the way to do it. spend one day freezing and preparing, making the rest of the work easy peasy.



I did  really well on preparing and cutting up all of the fruit. I even put the yogurt in the mini muffin pan like the post said to do.  And then my boyfriend got involved...





Now I had to start all over with the fruit.


     The second batch doesn't look as good, but I was in a frustrated hurry. I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and cut up about 6 strawberries, 1 banana and 2 kiwis. I only had one mango, and that ended up on the floor. I hated cutting up the mango (as I am not familiar with them at all) so I was not about to go buy another one. 
     Once all the fruit was frozen and the yogurt was frozen I separated them into freezer bags. A large handful of strawberries, one slice of banana, 4 slices of kiwi, and three mini muffin frozen yogurts per bag. I have been using them all week. I just dump the bag into the blender, add a scoop of protein powder, and about a half cup of milk. If I have some pomegranate juice or orange juice, I will add about a quarter cup of that as well. Turns out as a delicious and yummy breakfast smoothie that is healthy too. But so much for that getting up at 8am thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment